Jean-François Cousin became a global executive coach in 2006, in the wake of a career in management around the world with a Fortune-500 company.
By March ’20, he had clocked in 12,000 coaching-hours, served over 1,000 executives and dozens of executive teams, travelling to 35 countries / 5 continents to work with them.
Accredited as a ‘Master Certified Coach’ by the International Coach Federation, the highest distinction in the profession, Jean-François coaches CEOs, Region and Country Presidents and Board Members, most often on executive leadership development, on-boarding and role transition, organizational & cultural change management, strategic planning and cross-cultural leadership.
Jean-François also regularly facilitates or coaches executive teams, notably on trust and productive conflict, effective collaboration, staff engagement, organizational agility, strategy, cultural alignment and change management.
Jean-François works with executives from all types of industries and services.
Jean-François served as the Chairman of the Global Board of the International Coach Federation (‘ICF’) in 2019.
The ICF is the leading global organization dedicated to advancing the coaching profession by setting high standards and providing independent certification. It counts close to 35,000 members and 151 local chapters in over 70 countries.
Jean-François’ first career was in management around the world with a Fortune-500 company, where he served in senior leadership positions in Asia and in Europe. In his final corporate assignment, he was in charge of the strategy for one of the 4 Divisions of Lafarge, where he helped to anchor solid internal and external growth for the €2bn business, and coached Country Presidents in 5 continents.
Jean-François is also a speaker and a published author. Marshall Goldsmith wrote about his latest book ‘Game Changers at the Circus: how leaders can unleash Greatness in organizations’: “[this] book is full of surprises – many counterintuitive ideas that can help leaders change even the most stagnant and inflexible organizations into thriving, dynamic performers.” Jean-François has co-authored several other books, and regularly writes columns for and offers interviews to the media.
Jean-François is recognized for his tenacious focus on securing meaningful shifts and results for his clients, for his ability to understand the environment and challenges of his coachees quickly (leveraging his previous experience in a variety of management roles), identify the ‘must-win battles’ with laser-like accuracy, and relentlessly support his clients to make a positive difference in what matters most. His sensitivity to cultural differences is an asset he developed throughout his international corporate career.
Jean-François leverages both the Western coaching approach and Asian wisdoms as he helps his clients unleash more of their personal greatness and enhance their leadership qualities. Jean-François coaches the whole of the client to sustainable outcomes.
As a result, his clients bring out their best and inspire others to bring out their best as well, both individually and in teams. As leaders work with Jean-François along the coaching process, their influence grows and they see engagement, collaboration and agility soaring within their teams, and beyond -as stakeholders become inspired, too.
We have been testing our coaching skills to the limit while working with clients experiencing tremendous pressure in a chaotic environment along the Covid-19 pandemic and its aftermath.
What you will learn:
How can we co-create solid value with and for our clients when they are spinning within a maelstrom of raw fears, impossible dilemmas, explosive emotions and cognitive overwhelm?
How a coach, also subject to much anxiety, has to be and what a coach has to do in a session, in order to restore some sanity and create forward movement for the client amid chaos.
In my pre-summit webinar, I will offer crisis-tested tips, do’s and don’ts I learned from hundreds of conversations with clients experiencing tremendous pressure in an unprecedented crisis.
I will particularly delve into how we can in practice:
• Ground and center an overwhelmed client at the start of a session with great, yet simple, practices
• Attend effectively to our clients’ needs, fears, emotions and energy in order to restore mind-sanity
• Identify and activate what will most help the client to steer away from overwhelm in chaos and then create enduring value for themselves
• Ignite hope and nurture resilience as we conclude a session
1. Great, yet simple, practices to ground and center an overwhelmed client at the start of a coaching session
2. How a coach has to ‘be’ in order to restore some sanity and catalyze forward movement in a session with an overwhelmed client
3. Crisis-tested tips to co-create enduring value with clients experiencing tremendous pressure in a chaotic environment
In his pre-summit session, Jean-Francois Cousin, MCC, offered “crisis-tested tips to co-create enduring value with overwhelmed clients in a disrupted environment”. Find out if and how they play out, as Jean-Francois coaches a client live! And then engage into a discussion and experience-sharing about how to best
● Ground and center an overwhelmed client at the start of a session
● Attend to clients’ needs, fears, emotions and energy in order to restore mind-sanity
● Identify and resolve what will most help the client to steer away from overwhelm in chaos and then create enduring value for themselves
● Ignite hope and nurture resilience
1. Most effective practices to ground and center an overwhelmed client at the start of a coaching session
2. How you have to ‘be’ as a coach to restore some sanity and catalyze forward movement in a session with an overwhelmed client
3. How to co-create enduring value with clients experiencing tremendous pressure in a crisis
Email us at email@example.com
or press button below.